Saturday, September 8, 2012

I haven't been adding to my Blog as I should be. However, I have created a few pieces to which I am pretty proud of. I ventured into making some gemstone (fauceted gems!) pieces and I think they turned out pretty damn good!

Top stone is an amethyst, the bottom stone is a beautiful Austrailian opal doublet. I have been told that the
dark blue opals are rarer. I don't know if they really are or not, but I think this stone is one of the prettiest I have
ever seen. It flashes irridescent blues and violet. The amethyst is a 'purple to pink' color, meaning it changes in the
light to varying colors of purple. VERY pretty piece if I do say so myself!

The top stone is a pale blue topaz and the bottom is a beautiful blue and green Australian opal doublet. The opal REALLY is nice on this piece! I made each of these in two pieces so that the opals sparkle with each movement, each breath, that the wearer has. I think opals should be set in any way possible to show off their beatiful sparkles.


This is a cool looking piece; it's a
'natural' emerald w/two blue green Australian opal doublets
that are independently moving of eachother and the emerald. The two opals
are very reflective and pick up flashes of greens, blues and even yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment